This error occurs everytime you want to power on a Virtual Machine on VMWare Workstation under Windows Vista, 7.
To have your VMWare Workstation working you have to navigate to:
- Start -> Control Panel -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users
- Right Click the user “__vmware_user__” and select properties.
- In the “Member of” Tab click the button Add.
- Type the “Administrators” group in the new Window
- Click Ok, to leave all the windows.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and look for the VMWare Authorization service
- Select the service. Right click on it and select Start.
Now start your Virtual Machine, everything will be ready now!
Remember to send us your questions and comments to our Twitter account: @redinskala where you’ll also find more information and security tips.
Thanks for your visit!